Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Time for cocktails!

Cocktail hour was a weird experience for me.  I don't know why, I still can't explain it but we ended up hanging out by the elevators for at least the first 20 minutes (or maybe a little more).  Maybe I wasn't ready to admit this was all going by so quickly or maybe I felt bad for not having a receiving line, I don't know.  I do know though that there were a lot of pictures taken of us in front of a Steven Tyler outfit. 


We greeted a number of people as they came into cocktail hour.  One of my favorites was seeing my friend since the fourth grade get off the elevator and scream something that no one does anymore: "JENNY!"  After people were making their way to where we were standing from the party, I figured it was high time that we joined the party.   

As we made our way in, I saw my co-workers gathered together and they insisted we get in one photo all together.  That took a while but it was hilarious. 

While we began to make our way through both rooms, Nicole came up to us, asking us if we needed something.  Would you believe the only thing we drank at cocktail hour was water?  And I finally took off my 4 and a half inch heels, not knowing how much pain I was in until they came off.  Thank you Nicole for knowing those had to come off!!

I'll be the first to admit that because we didn't come in right when we got there, we didn't make it through the entire two rooms.  In fact, we were very lucky that we made it to the second room at all.  Then we got stopped to take a whole slew of pictures with different people in my family.  At this point, I was beginning to feel like a Disney character.  And I said so repeatedly.  Luckily, I think our photographer sensed that so after a few pictures were taken, he made himself disappear into the crowd so a line wouldn't develop.  I'm used to being the one behind the camera, not in front of it.  It was strange to me that just because I was wearing a white dress all of these people wanted pictures of me or with me.  I don't think I was having a 'zilla moment, I think I was just unprepared for how much attention we would be getting that day.  (I know, how is that possible?) 

all the way from Colorado!

Cocktail hour was quickly coming to a close.  I couldn't believe how fast time was moving.  Who hit the fast forward button that day?  You need a talking to!


Next time, we'll talk details.  I'll leave you with this:

Yummy!!! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment