Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dance

The song my dad picked is not really a song and I don't even know it's name but I do know that he picked it when he was a little kid.  I also know that he heard it the week before the wedding and he and my mom cried together.  I wasn't going to say no to that.  Would you?



That's my dad.  And it makes me smile.

Then it was Richard's turn with his mom.  He picked this song: 


Because he's cute and he *loved* the Lion King so much that when his friends wanted to listen to Green Day, he wanted to listen to this.  It was so fitting.


Then this happened. 



 
Sometimes, you just need to have a little tradition because you want to.  Or you're just trying to keep the peace.  Whatever the reason, go with the flow.  It's not going to ruin your day.  It's going to make people happy and have more fun.  I'm not saying bow down to every single thing that your parents, his or her parents, your aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. want you to have.  They just want to be a part of your wedding too. 

Speaking of which, next time we'll talk about something I did for my mom.  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment