Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Speech!

Once we sat at our sweetheart table that was on a riser and spotlights on it (neither of those things were chosen by me, by the way), it was time for speeches to begin.  I'll be honest.  I was a little bit nervous.  There were only boys speaking!  How could they possibly get away with not saying anything completely embarrassing?  

First up, was the best man...


It was very sweet and I know that George knows how to make the people laugh.  I do remember him talking about how Richard took him in after he moved to America from India in the third grade.  Isn't it amazing to have friends that you've been friends with forever, literally?  I don't remember most of it, sadly but I do believe my groom has the paper that he is reading off of so we have that at least.  Someone's speech that we don't have is this guy's:


Yeah, that would be my brother.  His speech was also very nice but he opened with something I'll never forget.  It was one of my favorite parts of our entire wedding day.  "Now I know what they mean when they say, always a bridesmaid, never a bride."





That's my brother.  Pulling the best things out of nowhere.  He went on to say that I've always been more introverted, having him make phone calls to radio stations to hear my favorite songs but that once I let someone in, they're with me forever.  Now my brother and I don't usually get mushy about the brother and sister stuff but he did wear that pink tie for me, got his pants hemmed the day of the wedding because he thought they were too long, froze outside, stepped into this role when things got messy with the person who originated the maid of honor roll and always smiled about it.  I may have told my parents to take him back to the hospital because I wanted a sister but knowing what I know now, I'm glad they didn't.  (Don't tell him that though, he'll never let me live it down.)

After the bro of honor speech, the groomsgirl read a prayer of grace before we ate.  




Wait...did someone say something about food?  I get to eat?!  Bring it out, I'm starving!


Next time, I promise.


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment